See below for invitation to the launch event for enhanced services in Walsall area.
We are pleased to announce that Walsall LOC have been successful in negotiating the introduction of the three new enhance services.
We have won the bid, via the AQP process to provide :
Minor Eye Conditions Service (MECS)
Intra-ocular Pressure (I.O.P) Repeat Readings Service
Cataract Pre- and Post- Referral Pathway
Contractors need to complete
· Quality in Optometry Level 1
· Quality in Optometry NHS Standard Contract Checklist (All 3 parts)
to be completed as soon as possible
· Copy of practice Employers & Public Liability Insurance
· Comply with Walsall CCG Safeguarding Policy
Practitioners need to complete
· WOPEC/LOCSU Pears accreditation certificate covering both
lectures and OSCEs
· DOCET Children safeguarding certificate
· DOCET Adult safeguarding certificate
Services start date is 1st March 2016
We are holding a Launch event on: Tuesday 19th January 2016 at 6.30pm to be held at:
Walsall Village Hotel Tempus Drive,Tempus Drive,Tempus Ten,Walsall, WS2 8TJ.
Those contractors who wish to provide the services please complete the Primary Eyecare WM Walsall Optomanager Registration form
We will let you know when the OSCE’s are taking place, please make sure you have done all the online WOPEC training for the three schemes.
Please confirm your interest and which services you are likely to provide. This is so we can add practices’ names and addresses to leaflets, promoting PEARS.
Could contractors provide the names of performers who will be delivering the service(s).